Tuesday, December 21, 2010

INO Exclusive Interview With Jessica Alba: ‘Little Fockers’ In Theatres December 22nd

One of my all-time favorite comedies is “Meet The Parents,” so I was really excited when I had the opportunity to not only screen the third installment of the francise, “Little Fockers,” but also meet some of the castmembers. The film is witty and continues the hilarity with some new fun cast additions to keep the Focker story alive.

Jessica Alba is a new-comer to the francise, and plays a bubbly and flirty pharmaceutical rep that will present a challenge in Greg’s placement within the “circle of trust” and his newly acclaimed role as the “Godfocker”. With the combination of a possible hot love interest among the trials and tribulations of being a parent to twins, this film introduces a lot of obstacles to the Focker family as well many laughs to its audience.

 INO Exclusive Interview With Jessica Alba: ‘Little Fockers’ In Theatres December 22nd
 
 
Despite the fact that standing next to her in a photograph is worse than any driver’s license photo I’ve ever had taken (and I was dressed for a wedding), I had a great time getting to know Jessica Alba
 
She is not only remarkably stunning and carries herself with a delicate grace, but she is also extremely down-to-Earth, has a clever and sarcastic sense of humor (which I love), and demonstrates what a naturally fantastic mom she is.
 
 
 
Although her character in Little Fockers is a single hottie, this mom feels more herself than ever now that she has Honor:
“I feel as if I finally came into my own after I had my daughter. Everything just sort of made sense.  And I was certainly not as hard on myself, certainly not as critical, and enjoyed life a lot more and having a different perspective on life, on the business, on family, on everything was amazing.”
I can only imagine how scary it must be to have a child or be pregnant and followed by the papparazzi. This is how Jessica describes dealing with it:
I was followed every day. I had to stop flipping them off. My mom said, “It’s just really not becoming when you always have this scowl, and you’re flipping them off and you’re pregnant. You don’t want to teach your daughter to see this.” And said, “They’re just so mean, Mom, and I just can’t take it anymore.” And she said, “Just suck it up, and put a smile on that face.”
In Jessica’s personal parenting style, like many moms today, she doesn’t like her infant daughter getting in too much television. She explains why her daughter hasn’t seen any Disney films:
“I don’t know.  I don’t really like her to see too much television, in the first place, and I don’t want her to have bad dreams.  And there’s always a villain in Disney movies.  And I think I’d rather her watch Yo Gabba Gabba or the Backyardigans. I think that’s it.  Or she can watch an old school cartoon like Strawberry Shortcake or Care Bears.  And that’s usually when we’re in the plane. I think she should be stimulated with other things and playing dress up and coloring.”
When asked what the most challenging part about being a mom was, Jessica adorably and eloquently replied:
“That’s a loaded question. Good Lord.  Being okay with not always having the answer. Forgiving myself for not spending every second with her.  Knowing that she’s going have to be sad or disappointed or angry.  And even though I feel totally responsible for it, letting that go and knowing that that’s just part of being a human being.  And at the end of the day, it’ll be good for her, as long as she knows she’s loved, but all that stuff’s really hard.”
In addition to meeting the lovely Jessica Alba, I had the chance to interview two of the cutest kids in Hollywood I’ve ever seen up close. The subject of “Little Fockers” is well, the little Fockers. Daisy Tahan plays Samantha Focker to on-screen twin Colin Baiocchi’s Henry Focker in the third installment. Both kids were incredibly bright, energetic, and ambitious!
“I definitely still want to be an actress when I grow up. But, I want to be so many other things. I want to be an animal trainer. I want to be a chef. I want to be an artist. I want to own an animal shelter and be a teacher,” Daisy said.
When I asked them who was most fun on set, their answer actually quite surprised me! With so many comedy veterans in this film, it turns out the most popular among the kids was Teri Polo! “Teri Polo could actually mime the voice of Elmo. She can actually make the exact voice as Elmo. It was kind of creepy,” said Colin.
“Yeah it was. It was really creepy because I thought she actually played Elmo because she would sing the theme song after they cut. And it was so funny,” added Daisy.
How fun would it be to hear Teri’s voice in something animated soon? Little Fockers is out in theatres everywhere on December 22nd and it is fun, hilarious, and adorable all wrapped in one!
 
Written by Samantha Ewers
 
imnotobsessed

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com